Monday, December 31, 2012

Hello World // Just for Fun

Hello there! It's been a while - again. We've got a bit to catch up on, my blog and I. Firstly,
Happy Spring (for back in September!)
Isn't that frothy creaminess exquisite?! Peonies are one of my very favourite flowers. Spring was a lovely time this year. One of the loveliest things was that I had my birthday - and an Edwardian Garden Party to celebrate. More on that later.

Next, Happy Summer!
I am just loving the summer holidays. Sea breezes, sailing, wind-swept hair, fresh watermelon, long bike rides at dawn....these are just a few of my favourite things of this season.

Happy Christmas!
How was yours, lovelies? I spent a blissful few hours hidden away in my room, humming along to Bing Crosby and Ella Fitzgerald as I let loose with the brown paper and string. It's such a beautiful time of year.

Lastly, Happy New Year!
This year has been a big year. Probably the hardest, but also the most exciting and blessed. I'm so looking forward to the year ahead! What are you all doing to celebrate? Any New Year's resolutions? This year I'd like to get better at French, read a lot of good books, and make more time for the things that really matter.

One more thing, before bedtime, for fun. :) By this person, via Carlotta
Things That Say a Lot About People
the way in which they treat the waiter/waitress
how they feel about the weather
whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books
fingernails
and hands in general
their preferred creative outlet
how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone
whether or not they drink coffee
if they ever forget to eat
how honest they are with themselves (and others)
if they correct your grammar
and whether or not they get nervous before haircuts.


I. I think waiters and waitresses should be treated politely, but not too chattily. Putting yourself in their shoes, I'm sure it's refreshing to meet a costumer who returns a cheerful hello. Everyone matters. But I rarely make conversation with strangers. 

II. The weather is a big thing for me - it definitely effects how I feel. I like both rain and sunshine, but after more than three or four days of drizzle start to feel a little Eeyore-ish. I love being outside in the fresh air, and I absolutely adore walks in the pouring rain. I prefer warm weather to cold, as it's so much more motivating!

IV. I have to keep my nails fairly short because of violin and piano, and they're usually painted with clear or a very pale pink polish. Fake nails send shivers down my spine.

III. I don't think I've ever dog-eared or highlighted anything in a book, apart from my Bible. I've started keeping a literature journal though, so if I read something that grabs my attention I can jot it down to mull over later.

V. I have quite big hands, with long fingers. They go purple when I'm cold!

VI. I have a lot of creative outlets, music probably being the main one. Photography, writing and cooking are my other favourites.

VII. I don't talk on the phone a lot, but when I do I usually love it. My best friend and I can talk for four hours without stopping.

VIII. I've just discovered coffee. And how incredibly wonderful it is. I rarely drink it though, as I want to avoid too much caffeine while I'm young.

IX. The only time I forget to eat is if I'm really immersed in doing something creative. Sometimes when I'm practising violin or piano I'm having so much fun I lose track of time and just can't stop!

X. I think it's really important to be honest with everyone, including yourself. I only share personal things with my closest friends, but there's a fine line between pretending everything's perfect, and burdening people with your problems. I think one should always be open, but positive.

XI. I love good grammar. So yes, I do mentally correct other people's mistakes!

XII. I've never felt nervous about getting my haircut, but then again I've never got anything very drastic done at all. I'm sure I'd feel a few butterflies if I was about to get bobbed!

That's all for now folks! Have a wonderful week. 


5 comments:

Holly said...

Yay, great to have you back Eebee, hope you Christmas was as wonderful as mine! :)
See you in 2013!!
xo

India said...

Welcome back Eebee!
I love that 'Things That Say a Lot About People'. So cool! Your answers are a lot like mine...especially in the ones about books and grammar :)

Laura said...

Why hello Eebee! Such a nice surprise to see this post smiling at me from my dashboard! :) I'm glad you're back, even if you (like me) do less posts than others!

Maybe I should do a new one, it's been awhile for me as well!

Have a great start to 2013!

Makenzie said...

Eebee! Love this post :) I've been wanting to do the "things that say a lot about people" as well!

Merry New Year, old fish! Don't forget to eat bananas-- they will help you on your journey.

Hoping to see you soon! How long has it been? Months, I think. And you know Alice's Hobbit party? Well, I'm thinking of going as Pippin's wife, Diamond! (Coz if I was a hobbit, I would marry Pippin).

Love, Kenzington

P.S I stayed up till 'bout 11.20 last night (we were staying at our Grandparent's house) but not till midnight (I was too tired). Isn't that ridiculous??

Rebecca Simon said...

Hey! Nice to read your blog and see pretty piccies. Happy new year m'dear!